Ananda - In the Himalayas
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Room Type: £3153 Per Double Palace View Room
World Number 01 Destination Spa Conde Nast Traveller 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Ananda located in the tranquil Himalayan foothills, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda. Ananda close to the mythological cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh, surrounded by graceful Sal forests, overlooking the peaceful Ganga as it meanders into the distance. Ananda is the spiritual pathway to the ultimate, discovered through the union of body, mind and soul.
It is not just a retreat that will leave you breathless with the enchantment of its surroundings, but assists in redefining lifestyles to include the well-known traditional Indian wellness regimes of Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta combined with best of International Wellness Experiences.
Set amongst 100 acres of virgin sal forest Opened in September 2000, the Destination Spa is built in the Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 km. north of New Delhi. Ananda features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class spa, 75 deluxe rooms and suites and 3 Private villas with breathtaking view of the Ganges River and the Himalayas.
- Spa treatment choices are offered within the 25,000 sqr. ft. Spa facility with an extensive selection of therapies: 24 treatment rooms, outdoor temperature-controlled swimming pool and luxurious hydrotherapy facilities
- Yoga at Ananda is completely pure and traditional in form, stemming from the roots of Hatha yoga and adapting it to suit individual needs. It is a disciplined science encompassing all aspects of life in different ways and levels to balance the mind, body and spirit. This helps us to restore perfect health and leads us from consciousness to super consciousness, resulting ultimately in eternal bliss or Sat-Chitt - Ananda which is the aim of Yoga.
- Location : Ananda is situated in the town of Narendranagar, a small constituency forming a part of the state of uttarakhand, close to the cities of Rishikesh and Haridwar.
- £3153 Per Double Palace View Room
- Arrival / departure transfers from the Haridwar Railway Station or Dehradun Airport to Hotel
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner served in The Restaurant and morning Wake Up Signature Tea
- Spa experiences as per the package with a pre-spa experience briefing
- Hydrotherapy Facilities: Steam, Sauna, Plunge Pool, Hydro Foot Bath
- Daily scheduled activities - Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, Vedanta and Fitness sessions
- Scheduled trek to Kunjapuri temple on the mountaintop with fabulous views of snow covered Himalayan peaks.
- Price is Excluding Tax.